Weight Loss

Extensive catalog of every weight loss institutions in America

Weight Loss During Pregnancy?

Weight loss is fine in the first trimester of pregnancy, as long as one is not purposely trying to lose weight. Dieting whilst pregnant is never a good idea, and almost always leads to unwanted consequences on the baby.

This being said however, a lot of women do lose weight in the first trimester. This can be caused by a number of things. Firstly, the woman may feel to nauseas or ill to want to eat, or she has trouble keeping food down. If this is the case for you, you might want to see a doctor about taking a Vitamin B6 supplement, as was recommended to me when I had severe morning sickness. Many women who are deficient in Vitamin B6 have bad morning sickness.

When I was in the first trimester of my pregnancy, I lost 3 kilograms. My doctor wasn't worried.

The weight loss in the first trimester may also be caused by a positive change in your eating habits. Have you cut fast foods, chips, chocolate and fizzy drinks out of your diet? All of these things have a lot of calories in them, and if you are no longer consuming them, your body is no longer getting the unneeded calories that they provide.

Also, have you been drinking more water than usual? A pregnant woman must drink at least 8 glasses of water a day, this will often make her feel full.

The reason why it is OK to lose weight through the above mentioned means in early pregnancy, is that the placenta isn't fully functioning yet. This means that the embryo (baby) is sustained by the levels of hormones in your body, rather than being nourished by the nutrients in your diet. After the first three months of pregnancy, it becomes even more important that one consumes the recommended daily intake of each food group.

If you are still concerned, I would advise you to give your OB/GYN a call and discuss these concerns with him or her. Hopefully they will be able to calm your nerves.

I'm going to include the link to a pregnancy forum that I think you might find useful. It's full of supportive women with boundless knowledge about these issues. I learnt so much there that I doubt I would have learnt otherwise.

Source(s): The forum: http://www.babywishes2.com/

(From Yahoo Answers)

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home